Tuesday 25 June 2013

Through Tinted Windows

"Poem of the Night" (Day 1)

Inspired by the tinted windows of the car we drove in to Cabin 2


Through the tinted windows of glass
I feel an unnecessary barrier
between the world outside and me.
I can see all the drivers on the road,
the begging children on the street, 
but they cannot see me. 
I feel like I have no right to have access to their world.

But on a brighter note, 
the tinted windows of glass were shattered
when one of us struck up conversation,
when the other called us "family", 
when you taught us your songs
and we taught you ours. 
When, 
in the middle of the Sumatran forest, 
in the middle of the night, 
all that mattered
was that we were making music together, 
combining our worlds
so that when you made music and 
looked into our eyes, 
you reached into our soul, 
without saying anything at all, 

And the tinted windows of our eyes, 
like melting ice, 
disappeared, 
leaving behind only 
comfort 
and warmth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment